Wednesday, December 23, 2020

2020 The year that closed the doors

 As the year that opened our eyes to a lot of things comes to an end, I'm choosing to be hopeful as to what 2021 will be. Sitting here, looking back over the past year, I feel as though I have lost my voice. That says a lot for a woman who literally used her voice as her career, her calling, and her identity. I have never felt as lonely as I have in the past year. I have never worked so hard to combat that, but when I sit down to look at the reality of what has happened personally, spiritually, globally and to literally everyone, I am choosing to turn off the sound, sit and wait. I'm not good at that. I don't like doing that. But I know that's what needs to happen. I don't know what all that means, but what I do know is that I'm ready to move on. It's scary, vulnerable and hopeful all at the same time. Here's to 2021- the year to disconnect in order to once again, connect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment